This Is What Happened When a White Man Spat on a Woman Wearing Hijab

07:03:00
White Man Spat on a Woman Wearing Hijab


This Is What Happened When a White Man Spat on a Woman Wearing Hijab


Whenever the unimaginable happens to you in a general public place, anticipation is that some unknown strangers will come to your protection. However when Iqra Mohamed, a 20-year-old Muslim woman who resides in London, says she was spat on by an unknown white man on a public bus, nobody came to her defense. Rather, relating to Mohamed's twitter account, everyone laughed.

"A white man spat at me in a buss of people and kept on cussing me out cause of my hijab while people smiled a laughed along,"
she tweeted from an account that has since become created private.

The happening occurred on a current bus trip. Mohamed had been going with a friend, but when that friend got from the bus without her, the man started following Mohamed. "He started to go crazy. He said people like me were coming into this country and taking all the jobs," she recounted to the U.K.'s Metro.

But even worse than the attack itself was the appearing guilt of her fellow passengers.

"I do think it's sad no one spoke up for me. The bus was full at one point and you could tell no one wanted anything to deal with him," Mohamed said. 

She told the Standard: "I was with a friend when we heard a man chuntering away at the back of the bus.
“When my friend got off I got up to go with her and the voice became louder.
“I knew he was talking about me when I turned around and he said 'she’s got the cheek to look at me'". 
“My friend said good to luck to me and when she left I moved further up the bus. I stayed on because I was meeting another friend.
“He moved seats and then called me a racist and a terrorist.
“He started to go crazy. He said people like me were coming into this country and taking all the jobs.”  source

Anti-Muslim hate crimes have tripled in London just after November's violent attacks in close by Paris, relating to numbers revealed by the BBC. Mussurut Zia of the Muslim Women's Network U.K. stated the BBC about attacks which have been reported to the group.

SHARE!

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »